Why PHP Programming Is This Popular Among Developers Across The Globe?
Hypertext Pre-Processor or PHP is a programming language using which developers are building various application software to use on various devices. PHP is more popular for web solutions and backend solutions. Software developers build various desktop-based stand-alone solutions using PHP programming. Usually, PHP is used together with MySQL database and Apache web server on Linux OS. This combination of technologies is popularly known as LAMP. It is free to use and most have default installation on Linux servers. PHP has evolved with contributions from the huge community present worldwide. PHP is regarded as the most popular server-side scripting language in the world.
Following has made PHP development popular in the world:
- Open-Source - PHP is an open-source server-side programming language. Any developer can modify the source code of PHP itself to suits the need. Even the development in the code can be posted on the community site. If a majority of moderators accept the change in the language then that is bind with the installation software. PHP developers across the globe are contributing to the growth of the programming language. The online community of developers supports each other.
- Easy-to-Use - The open-source PHP programming language is written in C and C++ programming language. C is known as the basic programming language in the computer world and is known to the majority of programmers. The computer programmers already familiar with C adapted the PHP language quickly. The popularity of the PHP language spread like a fire in a forest. A large community build in no time and started to support each other. The beginner PHP programmers never find any problem faced unsolved.
- Portability - The PHP programs can run on any operating system of the computer server. If a PHP program is developed on Linux OS then the source code of that program will run on Windows OS in the same manner. This feature of PHP gave it an upper hand in making the language popular. It covered almost all computer programmers irrespective of what operating system they use. This helped PHP in attaining a vertical growth graph.
- Community Support - The gaining popularity of PHP was building a large online community to interact with each other. The online PHP community is very lively behaved and is found always enthusiastic. The solution to almost every problem faced while programming in PHP is published online. Even if any beginner programmer searches the error occurred in the search engine then the proper solution pops out instantly. This is one of the major factors of PHP being at such a height of popularity.
- Security - PHP programming language can produce secure applications. Options are already provided to the developers to secure their software from DDoS attacks. Even security patches are provided at the hosting level to provide a secure environment. In PHP development the programmers know already the vulnerable areas and take necessary steps in the code to make it secured.
Nowadays, about 80% of websites live on the www are using PHP somehow. Already many popular sites like Facebook, Dailymotion, etc. are using PHP. Zaptech Solutions is a PHP development company with more than a decade of experience. Hire PHP developer to fulfill your software requirement and business goals.