Top 10 Software Testing Interview Questions & Answers For Fresher's
Most Common interview questions with answers, that will help you to better prepare for Job Interview.
1) What is the difference between the QA and software testing?
Answer: The role of QA (Quality Assurance) is to maintain the desired level of quality in the service or product, especially by means of attention to every stage of the process of delivery or production. On the other hand software testing is the process of checking the functionality of final product and ensuring that the product meets the user’s requirement.
2) What is Test ware?
Answer: Test ware is the subset of software, which helps in performing the testing of application. It is a term given to the combination of software application and utilities which is required for analyzing a software package.
3) What is the difference between white box, black box, and gray box testing?
Answer: Black box testing is a strategy based solely on requirements and specifications. Black box method requires no knowledge of internal paths, structures, or implementation of the software being tested.
White box testing is a strategy based on internal paths, code structures, and implementation of the software being tested. White box generally requires detailed programming skills.
There is one more type of testing called gray box. In this we look into the “box” being tested just long enough to understand how it has been implemented. Then we close up the box and use our knowledge to choose more effective black box tests.
4) What are the categories of defects?
Answer: There are three main categories of defects:
1. Wrong: The requirements have been implemented incorrectly. This defect is a variance from the given specification.
2. Missing: There was a requirement given by the customer and it was not done. This is a variance from the specifications, an indication that a specification was not implemented, or a requirement of the customer was not noted properly.
3. Extra: A requirement incorporated into the product that was not given by the end customer. This is always a variance from the specification, but may be an attribute desired by the user of the product. However, it is considered a defect because it’s a variance from the existing requirements.
5) Which is the best testing model?
Answer: In real projects, tailored models are proven to be the best, because they share features from The Waterfall, Iterative, Evolutionary models, etc., and can fit into real life time projects. Tailored models are most productive and beneficial for many organizations. If it’s a pure testing project, then the V model is the best.
6) What is the difference between a defect and a failure?
Answer: When a defect reaches the end customer it is called a failure and if the defect is detected internally and resolved it’s called a defect.
7) Mention the different types of software testing?
Integration and regression testing
White box and Black box testing
Alpha and Beta testing
Load and stress testing
8) What are the contents in test plans and test cases?
Reason for testing
The criteria for entrance and exit
9) What is Test case?
Answer: Test case is a specific term that is used to test a specific element. It has information of test steps, prerequisites, test environment and outputs.
10) What is a test log?
Answer: Test log as a chronological record of relevant details about the execution of test cases. It’s a detailed view of activity and events given in chronological manner.
There are many more interview question which are very important to crack the interview, click here to read them all
Get Trained, Get Placed & Pay Fees On Job – Join iTpreneur
i am a new author.View Abhishek Shrivastava`s profile for more
Leave a Comment