Red Hat Insights Brings Predictive Analytics To Containers, OpenStack And Virtualized Infrastructure
Updated Software-as-a-Service Platform Now Provides Operational Analytics across Physical, Virtual, Containers, and Private and Public Cloud Environments
As existing workloads evolve and new deployments grow in size and complexity, risk management is a key challenge and a necessity for enterprise IT. Red Hat Insights provides highly scalable, prescriptive analytics across users’ hybrid IT infrastructure. Based on Red Hat’s expertise, Red Hat Insights is delivered as a Software-as-a-Service offering and generates tailored remediation steps that can be fully automated. Users can manage and monitor their infrastructure, and when using Red Hat Satellite and Red Hat CloudForms integrated versions, take actions directly at the point of insight.
The newest additions and enhancements to Red Hat Insights include:
- Container workload analysis: Red Hat Insights now offers workload analysis for containers, giving operations the visibility they need to more safely adopt containers. While other tools focus on the environment hosting containers, Red Hat Insights identifies risks on different levels of users’ infrastructure, including: service configuration within an image, tuning and configuration of container storage for optimal performance, and filesystem monitoring to help ensure registry functionality. Insights actions are tailored to the specific image or container, making it more simple to respond to risks.
- Actionable intelligence for OpenStack private clouds and KVM virtualized environments: Operating at both the infrastructure and guest level, Red Hat Insights now offers real-time, full-stack analysis of OpenStack-based private clouds and Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization environments. With this update, Red Hat Insights extends its analysis to multiple OpenStack nodes, enabling continuous private cloud infrastructure assessment including both Red Hat OpenStack Platform guests and the OpenStack infrastructure. And, Red Hat Insights also provides analytics at the virtualization host level, offering proactive analysis of a user’s entire virtual datacenter.
- Insights Action Planner: This new feature on the Insights Dashboard enables teams to identify and assign remediation tasks individually or in groups. IT organizations can more easily document the remediation process and move from intelligence to action, while remaining compliant with change management policies defined by operations teams. Customers can create their own custom remediation plans as well as utilize Insights recommended plans, tailored to their specific infrastructure and risks.
- Insights Early Access mode: A new opt-in modality gives users visibility into upcoming new features, allowing users to test out functionality, give feedback, and help shape the evolution of Red Hat Insights. Users can switch between modes, enabling them to test out new innovations without disrupting their existing Insights deployment.
Joe Fitzgerald, vice president, Management, Red Hat
“We are seeing cloud-based service deployments continuing to grow in scale and complexity, as well as increasing adoption of container based-services. This can put pressure on IT organizations to rapidly evolve their operational capabilities. We have expanded the depth and breadth of analytics in Red Hat Insights to support these new environments and services to enable them to reach their business goals. With this latest version of Red Hat Insights, we extend cloud management capabilities to containers and OpenStack based private clouds.”
Steven Zinck, Technical Architect, Government of Nova Scotia
“Red Hat Insights' base in Red Hat’s technical knowledge and expertise made it a natural addition to our deployment to give us analytics about our environment in a single view, and combining our internal integration process with Satellite 6 allowed us to drop processing time from a full day to about five minutes. Red Hat Insights has allowed us to manage systems for various government entities in one space, and we look forward to making the most of Red Hat's management portfolio within our systems in the future.”
Tim Erdel, Senior Director, Cerner Works technology improvement, Cerner
“As a global leader in health care information technology, greater security and infrastructure intelligence are main priorities for us. Red Hat Insights enable us to be alerted to potential vulnerabilities across our active systems and provide remediation more quickly. The technology helps us prioritize risk resolution in our infrastructure.”
- Learn more about Red Hat Insights
- Learn more about Red Hat Summit
- Follow @RedHatSummit or via the hashtag #RHSummit on Twitter
- Become a fan of Red Hat Summit on Facebook
Connect with Red Hat
- Learn more about Red Hat
- Get more news in the Red Hat newsroom
- Read the Red Hat blog
- Follow Red Hat on Twitter
- Join Red Hat on Facebook
- Watch Red Hat videos on YouTube
- Join Red Hat on Google+
- Follow Red Hat on LinkedIn
About Red Hat, Inc.
Red Hat is the world's leading provider of open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to provide reliable and high-performing cloud, Linux, middleware, storage and virtualization technologies. Red Hat also offers award-winning support, training, and consulting services. As a connective hub in a global network of enterprises, partners, and open source communities, Red Hat helps create relevant, innovative technologies that liberate resources for growth and prepare customers for the future of IT. Learn more at http://www.redhat.com.
Certain statements contained in this press release may constitute "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements provide current expectations of future events based on certain assumptions and include any statement that does not directly relate to any historical or current fact. Actual results may differ materially from those indicated by such forward-looking statements as a result of various important factors, including: risks related to the ability of the Company to compete effectively; the ability to deliver and stimulate demand for new products and technological innovations on a timely basis; delays or reductions in information technology spending; the integration of acquisitions and the ability to market successfully acquired technologies and products; the effects of industry consolidation; uncertainty and adverse results in litigation and related settlements; the inability to adequately protect Company intellectual property and the potential for infringement or breach of license claims of or relating to third party intellectual property; risks related to data and information security vulnerabilities; ineffective management of, and control over, the Company's growth and international operations; fluctuations in exchange rates; and changes in and a dependence on key personnel, as well as other factors contained in our most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K (copies of which may be accessed through the Securities and Exchange Commission's website at http://www.sec.gov), including those found therein under the captions "Risk Factors" and "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations." In addition to these factors, actual future performance, outcomes, and results may differ materially because of more general factors including (without limitation) general industry and market conditions and growth rates, economic and political conditions, governmental and public policy changes and the impact of natural disasters such as earthquakes and floods. The forward-looking statements included in this press release represent the Company's views as of the date of this press release and these views could change. However, while the Company may elect to update these forward-looking statements at some point in the future, the Company specifically disclaims any obligation to do so. These forward-looking statements should not be relied upon as representing the Company's views as of any date subsequent to the date of this press release.
Red Hat, the Shadowman logo, CloudForms and CloudForms are trademarks or registered trademarks of Red Hat, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the U.S. and other countries. Linux® is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries. The OpenStack Word Mark is either a registered trademark/service mark or trademark/service mark of the OpenStack Foundation, in the United States and other countries, and is used with the OpenStack Foundation's permission. Red Hat is not affiliated with, endorsed or sponsored by the OpenStack Foundation, or the OpenStack community.
Red Hat, Inc.
Anna Eusebio, +1 919-754-4519