Tips About Domain Name Registration And Protection
A domain name is an identification which infers to a space of administrative control or authority on the Internet. DNS (Domain Name System) forms the structure and rules of a Domain name. A parallel can be drawn to any physical structure in the real world.
So, you need register a domain name for your business.
It is important to register a domain name for any website that you have. There are various reasons why you ought to do:
1. The website or the domain name would be the online representation of you. There would be a considerable amount of recognition that you might have gained through that specific name. If that domain name is not registered, there are chances that others could register it, and you might have to change your domain name or buy it with a higher price.
2. A domain name is constant. If in case you had to replace the web host, the domain name remains with you. The regular visitors to your website would not be able to notice the change as they would still be accessing your site using the domain name.
3. The domain name provides credibility to your business. Just like having a shop floor would add credibility so does having a domain online. So a domain has now become a must for every business to have a presence online.
4. You put the details of your business on the website. Anyone willing to do business with you or consult you would be able to check and get the details from your domain.
How to register a domain name?
To get a domain name, you need to register the name with an organization known as ICANN. This has to be done through a Domain name registrar. So, once you finalize the domain name, you need to go to a registrar who would register your domain name. In case the domain name already exists you need to come up with a new name for registration.
The registration has a price for one year or for any specific number of years that you are inclined to have the domain name. You can renew it annually. Registering thus would provide you the rights over the domain name for the specified years. Depending on a nature of your domain, the domain names are classified into withering of .com, .org, .net, .in etc.You can ask your web host to do the registration on behalf of you instead of you directly contacting the domain name registrars. Few of the domain name registrars are Go Daddy. Big Rock, Dotster.com, Namecheap etc.
You can ask your web host to do the registration on behalf of you instead of you directly contacting the domain name registrars. Few of the domain name registrars are Go Daddy. Big Rock, Dotster.com, Namecheap etc.However, it would be advised to directly contact the registrar for the registration of the domain name rather than the web host, so that you can be sure that you are the owner of the domain name. There is a scope that few of the web hosts register the domains as they being the owners and this would create challenges for you in future as they can sell or change the domain without keeping you
However, it would be advised to directly contact the registrar for the registration of the domain name rather than the web host, so that you can be sure that you are the owner of the domain name. There is a scope that few of the web hosts register the domains as they being the owners and this would create challenges for you in future as they can sell or change the domain without keeping you infirmed.
Why should protect your domain name?
Domain names now mean much more than just an online name you find on the internet. They are now part of the brand recognition of any company. As more businesses are looking at expanding and promoting themselves online, the domain name becomes an instant identifier for a particular company.
It would not be an exaggeration to state that the domain names now have the same value as that of a trademark or a service mark. Hence it is important first to register and then protect the domain name of a company. Some people or entities take the unprotected domain names and register themselves as the owners. You would not be able to give up with the domain name (website name) as the recognition gained is through that specific name. This would result in you paying up more to buy the domain name from them.
Once the domain name is registered, it is important that you should protect it carefully. Here are ways in which you can protect your domain name.
1. Renewal on time: Ensure that you keep a tab of the renewal dates and renew the domain name on time. Many of the cases of domain theft are during these lapses.
There is a perception that it would be better to take the subscription for a longer term like five years which would remove the hassles of regular renewal. However, the scope of forgetting the renewal after five years is more than forgetting a yearly renewal.
2. Securing the account: Secure the login of your domain account with a strong password and make it a practice to change it at regular intervals. A weak password is prone to be hacked. If there is a change in the personnel who managed the account, ensure that the password is changed immediately.
3. Opt for Registrar Lock option: Registrar lock or domain lock is a service provided by many of the registrars to prevent any accidental or illegal transfer of your domain without your permission. Through this locking, the domain can only be transferred if you log into the account and unlock it. It should be remembered that the sanctity of the account login would rest with you and this lock would not protect against any unauthorized person who has the login password
4. Domain Privacy: Domain registrars would be able to provide this service at a nominal price which helps to prevent your name, contact, and address from freely appearing on the Whois records. These open source records are used by domain thieves to either impersonate you or contact you gain the password.
5. Use a regular email address: Email address is the link between you, the registrar and the domain name. Ensure that you use an email ID which is permanent and not going to be expired. You would miss out on some vital information from the registrar, or there are chances that others might use the now expired email ID to impersonate you.
6. Make use of Extensible provisional protocol ( EPP ): Few of the registrars provide this service, and this helps to provide an additional layer of protection for your domain name. This enables you to pick a unique Authorization Information Code (AIC), which needs to be quoted if the domain name is being transferred to a new registrar. This helps to prevent any unauthorized transfer of your domain name.
The security of your domain large rests on your alertness and discipline to use these ways to avoid hacker. If you want to learn more about how to avoid the loss of domain name,
My name is Howdy, I'll share the latest promo code & coupon codes (such as: GoDaddy, NameCheap, HostGator, Vultr...) at this site, you can get it to purchase domian name, web hosting, SSL Certificates… with low price online.View Khanh Ngo`s profile for more