Latest Hosting Posts
Gone are the days when you preferred to deploy your own dedicated server infrastructure using your own dedicated physical hardware for your business. The reason is the emergence of VPS or Virtual Private Servers which provide you with the power of having your own private servers but at fraction of the original cost with the physical hardware being shared among many clients and users like you from a central location. The hardware is controlled by modern and robust virtual private server software which is developed and serviced by a host of VPS service providers.
The clients or the users like you only get the user interface to the system over the internet Cloud or a private line. The user interface is like an emulated or virtualized hardware where the end user gets the feel of using the physical hardware but it’s not present there actually but hosted somewhere else.
There are two types of offering of VPS:
- Managed VPS
- Unmanaged VPS
In this post, we will discuss and shed some light on Managed VPS which will give you sufficient information about it.
In managed VPS, the host company where your servers and infrastructure are hosted takes responsibility of every aspect of the VPS. You as a business user don’t need to worry about anything be it server uptime, maintenance, system upgrades, faults, security against hacking attacks and malwares. All these attributes of a server are taken care of by the company which offers the VPS hosting.
Some of the benefits of managed VPS can be summarized as follows:
- Zero downtime meaning you have your servers up and running all the time and your business activities are not interrupted or affected giving you tension free business operations
- High security against hackers, virus and malware attacks are ensured as decided in the contract and SLAs
- 24/7 support is provided throughout the year for your server needs
- The servers are easily scalable and the hosting company can efficiently increase the server capabilities without affecting your present functioning
- Backup is simpler as well as migration in case of any hardware failures
Though managed VPS has many advantages as discussed above, it can be a little costly as compare to unmanaged VPS but it is still worth the investment. Secondly, you actually lack any control on your servers as it is managed by the hosting party. It is their call on the type of equipment (hardware and software).