Latest Hosting News
LOS ANGELES, Calif. – Leading Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) provider Infinitely Virtual today unveiled InfiniteProtect™ 2.0, an enhanced and expanded version of its award-winning cloud-based backup/disaster recovery solution.
Aimed at existing and new customers alike, InfiniteProtect 2.0 enables users to back up files safely and easily -- and retain them indefinitely -- from anywhere in the world, based on any schedule they choose. InfiniteProtect 2.0 can perform synthetic full backups of Windows Servers, Windows computers, NAS devices, mobile computers, Exchange Servers and SQL Servers, along with entire Hyper-V and VMware hosts -- seamlessly, with one transaction. First introduced in 2015, InfiniteProtect 1.0 earned earned the highest rating of "Enterprise-Ready™" in Skyhigh Networks’ CloudTrust™ Program.
Significantly more capable and easier to use, InfiniteProtect 2.0 is 100 percent Web-based. Among the highlights:
- Ability to restore individual files or a complete server from the Web browser
- An entirely new, faster and more intuitive Web interface
- Increased reliability and functionality throughout
- For those with VMware or HyperV, local backup and restore and site-to-site disaster recovery
- Powered by Veeam, the leader in backup and restore technology, 2.0 encompassing solutions for Exchange, Active Directory, SQL Server and more
Based in Baar, Switzerland, Veeam develops backup, disaster recovery and virtualization management software for VMware and Hyper-V virtual environments. Veeam has pioneered a new market of Availability for the Always-On Enterprise™ by helping organizations meet recovery time and point objectives (RTPO™) of less than 15 minutes for all applications and data, through a fundamentally new kind of solution that delivers high-speed recovery, data loss avoidance, verified recoverability, leveraged data and complete visibility.
“With InfiniteProtect 2.0, we have redoubled our commitment to providing a streamlined, smart Web-based solution for backup and disaster recovery,” said Adam Stern, CEO, Infinitely Virtual. “Small and midsize businesses want a solution that is both affordable and matches up with their needs, and they want to keep costs in check but be confident that they have a parachute. Drawing on Veeam technology, InfiniteProtect 2.0 does all this and a great deal more. For small and midsize businesses, there’s no simpler or more powerful way to retain and restore organizational data – and retrieve it quickly and securely in the event of a calamity.”
With disaster recovery backup, customers can restore to either a new local server or to a cloud server – or, in the event of an emergency, to Infinitely Virtual’s exclusive Enterprise Virtualization Environment (E.V.E.). Disaster recovery with Veeam technology means seamless VM (virtual machine) to VM replication.
Veeam: Now Part of the Infinitely Virtual Team
InfiniteProtect 2.0 encompasses Veeam’s most popular backup, restore and DR technologies, among them:
Veeam® Explorer™ for Microsoft Exchange offers groundbreaking technology that provides instant visibility into Exchange backups, granular recovery of individual items and easy-to-use eDiscovery options — all without restoring the full Exchange database or entire server.
Veeam® Explorer™for Microsoft Active Directoryprovides fast and reliable object-level recovery for Active Directory from a single-pass, agentless backup orstorage snapshot — without the need to restore an entire virtual machine or use third-party tools.
Veeam® Explorer™for Microsoft SQL Serverdeliversfast, transaction-level recovery of SQL databases. With agentless transaction log backup and replay, users can quickly perform point-in-time restores of Microsoft SQL Server databases — down to an individual transaction — achieving recovery time and point objectives of less than 15 minutes.
- Instant VM Recovery, which helps maintain system availability when it’s needed most. Instead of making users wait for hours, Instant VM Recovery immediately restores a virtual machine back into the production environment by running it directly from the backup file to minimize disruption and the system downtime of crucial production virtual machines. Instant VM Recovery is also a snap to use. Rather than provisioning storage, extracting the VM backup and copying the content to production, Instant VM Recovery restarts any VM from any restore point (incremental or full) in a matter of minutes – not hours -- directly from the backup.
- Advanced Replication, which is designed to avoid data loss and dramatically improve recovery time to less than 15 minutes for all applications and data, minimizing the impact on infrastructure. Veeam’s 2-in-1: backup and replication™ provides users with a copy of any virtual machine in a ready-to-start state, so if a VM goes down, a standby VM is immediately at the ready. Advanced Replication also means enhanced availability for any virtualized application, image-based replication on-site for availability, or off-site for disaster recovery – with no impact on the production environment.
- Instant File-level Recovery, which enables users to recover OS files and folders, on the fly, directly from an image-level backup -- without the preliminary step of extracting virtual disks. It’s now a simple matter to recover files from Windows and Linux VMs, or any of 17 supported guest file systems.
For more information, visit www.infinitelyvirtual.com.
About Infinitely Virtual
Infinitely Virtual is a leading provider of high quality and affordable Cloud Server technology, capable of delivering services to any type of business, via terminal servers, SharePoint servers and SQL servers – all based on Cloud Servers. Named to the Talkin’ Cloud 100 as one of the industry’s premier hosting providers, Infinitely Virtual has earned the highest rating of "Enterprise-Ready™" in Skyhigh Networks’ CloudTrust™ Program for four of its offerings -- Cloud Server Hosting, InfiniteVault, InfiniteProtect and Virtual Terminal Server. The company recently took the #1 spot in HostReview’s Ranking of VPS hosting providers. Infinitely Virtual was established as a subsidiary of Altay Corporation, and through this partnership, the company provides customers with expert 24×7 technical support. More information about Infinitely Virtual can be found at: http://www.infinitelyvirtual.com, @iv_cloudhosting, or call 866-257-8455.
Edge Communications, Inc.
About Infinitely Virtual
Infinitely Virtual specializes in virtualization. The company provides Linux or Windows VPS and custom multi-server solutions.Company’s virtual dedicated servers are hosted on VMwareEvery plan is hosted on its Enterprise NetworkInfinitely Virtual’s solution are Infinitely ScalableExpert 24x7 Technical SupportFree Network MonitoringLearn about Virtual Applications and Virtual ServersVPS technology is greenSome of the things you can do with Infinitely Virtual:Host a complete development environmentHost pri... read more