Red Hat Satellite 6.2 Introduces New Features To Help Users Increase Efficiency Across On-Premise, Cloud, And Container-based Environments
New features add systems lifecycle management for disconnected networks and streamline workflows through remote execution and flexible provisioning
RALEIGH, N.C.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Red Hat, Inc. (NYSE: RHT), the world's leading provider of open source solutions, today announced the general availability of Red Hat Satellite 6.2, its systems lifecycle management tool across physical, virtual, and private and public cloud environments. Red Hat Satellite 6.2 introduces remote execution and extends capabilities for container management and security.
Red Hat Satellite 6.2 offers several new features, including:
- Container host provisioning, supporting and managing Red Hat’s lightweight container operating system, Red Hat Enterprise Linux Atomic Host. Red Hat Satellite supports enterprises who are migrating to a lightweight container architecture, enabling them to run Red Hat Enterprise Linux Atomic Hosts as a compute resource and directly deploy containers to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Atomic Host. In addition, Red Hat Satellite now supports the Open Container Initiative format and registries.
- Remote execution, enabling users to take multiple actions against a group of systems while automating workflows. With these new capabilities, users can reboot a system after a patch install, or conduct rolling upgrades across hundreds of systems with the same ease and consistency as updating a single system. New scheduling features and dashboards enhance interaction with systems under Red Hat Satellite management, bringing increased efficiency to its provisioning and discovery processes.
- Support for disconnected environments. Red Hat Satellite 6.2 provides the ability to synchronize and export content from one Red Hat Satellite server to another, a new feature designed for workloads that may require systems management solutions to run disconnected from the Internet for security purposes.
- Expanded capsule management. The Red Hat Satellite Capsule Server, which provides federated services especially helpful for scaling, can now provide deeper insight into the health of the capsule, including service run statues from the centralized Red Hat Satellite console. This enables administrators to create various capsules in different geographic locations where datacenters may be located.
- More flexible provisioning via new discovery enhancements in Red Hat Satellite, helping to simplify the process of building systems and enable end users to more efficiently provision systems in secured environments where DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) and PXE (Preboot Execution Environment) may not be available.
- Enhanced migration services via the ability to import existing hosts running on any version of Red Hat Satellite 5 or 6 thanks to new feature scripts and automation capabilities. This bootstrap script automates the process of registering systems to Satellite, reducing the steps needed to add existing systems to Red Hat Satellite.
Red Hat Satellite 6.2 is now generally available to all Red Hat Satellite customers with a valid subscription.
Joe Fitzgerald, vice president, Management, Red Hat
“With ever-changing business needs and the speed at which technology is shifting, organizations need to efficiently manage and more securely operate both their traditional and cloud-based infrastructures. Red Hat Satellite 6.2 helps meet these needs with increased scalability, support for offline environments as well as enabling system administrators to more easily manage physical, virtual, hybrid cloud and container environments.”
- Learn more about Red Hat Satellite 6.2
- Get Red Hat Satellite 6.2
- Watch videos highlighting new feature introductions in Red Hat Satellite 6.2
Connect with Red Hat
- Learn more about Red Hat
- Get more news in the Red Hat newsroom
- Read the Red Hat blog
- Follow Red Hat on Twitter
- Join Red Hat on Facebook
- Watch Red Hat videos on YouTube
- Join Red Hat on Google+
- Follow Red Hat on LinkedIn
About Red Hat, Inc.
Red Hat is the world's leading provider of open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to provide reliable and high-performing cloud, Linux, middleware, storage and virtualization technologies. Red Hat also offers award-winning support, training, and consulting services. As a connective hub in a global network of enterprises, partners, and open source communities, Red Hat helps create relevant, innovative technologies that liberate resources for growth and prepare customers for the future of IT. Learn more at http://www.redhat.com.
Certain statements contained in this press release may constitute "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements provide current expectations of future events based on certain assumptions and include any statement that does not directly relate to any historical or current fact. Actual results may differ materially from those indicated by such forward-looking statements as a result of various important factors, including: risks related to the ability of the Company to compete effectively; the ability to deliver and stimulate demand for new products and technological innovations on a timely basis; delays or reductions in information technology spending; the integration of acquisitions and the ability to market successfully acquired technologies and products; fluctuations in exchange rates; the effects of industry consolidation; uncertainty and adverse results in litigation and related settlements; the inability to adequately protect Company intellectual property and the potential for infringement or breach of license claims of or relating to third party intellectual property; risks related to data and information security vulnerabilities; the ability to meet financial and operational challenges encountered in our international operations; ineffective management of, and control over, the Company's growth and international operations; and changes in and a dependence on key personnel, as well as other factors contained in our most recent Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q (copies of which may be accessed through the Securities and Exchange Commission's website at http://www.sec.gov), including those found therein under the captions "Risk Factors" and "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations". In addition to these factors, actual future performance, outcomes, and results may differ materially because of more general factors including (without limitation) general industry and market conditions and growth rates, economic and political conditions, governmental and public policy changes and the impact of natural disasters such as earthquakes and floods. The forward-looking statements included in this press release represent the Company's views as of the date of this press release and these views could change. However, while the Company may elect to update these forward-looking statements at some point in the future, the Company specifically disclaims any obligation to do so. These forward-looking statements should not be relied upon as representing the Company's views as of any date subsequent to the date of this press release.
Red Hat, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Red Hat Enterprise Linux Atomic Host, Red Hat Satellite and the Shadowman logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Red Hat, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the U.S. and other countries. Linux® is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.
Red Hat, Inc.
Anna Eusebio, +1-919-754-4519