Latest Hosting News
PALO ALTO, CA--(Marketwired - January 18, 2016) - Today at National Retail Federation Retail's BIG Show, VMware, Inc. (NYSE: VMW), a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility, showcased solutions and technologies that enable IT to lead retail transformation in the mobile-cloud era. VMware End-User Computing solutions for retail power thousands of stores, including 19 of the 20 top U.S. retailers, to enhance customer engagements, modernize store operations, build highly trained and connected sales teams and improve security and compliance.
The last decade has brought incredible innovation to the retail industry. This provides great opportunity for IT leaders within retail organizations to bring about transformational change and improve business processes. Retailers are seeking technologies to improve customer interactions, leverage new devices and apps to modernize store operations, keep employees trained and informed with real-time information to support collaborative workflows and protect transactions, data and customer information through secure devices and applications.
Utilizing VMware to Enhance Customer Engagements and Modernize Store Operations
VMware End-User Computing solutions for retail, powered by VMware Workspace which includes VMware Horizon, VMware AirWatch® Enterprise Mobility Management, VMware AirWatch Content Locker and Socialcast, provide the complete package retailers need to manage a diverse mobile fleet and deploy specific retail use cases in today's digital world. Customers are using VMware solutions to empower retailers to improve store operations, increase customer engagement through multi-channel experiences and build a highly trained and connected sales team.
- Luxottica, the manufacturer and distributor of luxury eyewear, said it is improving customer engagement through mobile experiences with VMware. With AirWatch-managed tablets, sales associates have access to endless aisle capabilities through the e-commerce channel to locate, sell and ship products directly to a customer's home or to the store, and store managers can access training content at the touch of a button. Shoppers visiting Sunglass Hut retail stores can 'try on' various styles of eyewear using the Social Sun app, then post photos of their potential purchases through a variety of social media platforms.
- Belk, a department store company with its roots in the south, is also enhancing customer engagements with multi-channel experiences. According to the company, Belk deployed AirWatch-managed mobile devices to enhance customer engagements to offer digital shopping experiences across channels. Belk has deployed mobile point of sale (mPOS) handhelds to store associates enabling them to checkout customers more quickly to reduce wait times. Store associates can also access applications and websites with enhanced product information on handhelds and tablets so they are informed and never miss a sale. Belk has also deployed AirWatch-managed beacons in tests in multiple store locations to understand and enhance customer experiences and offer more personalized services.
- Ascena Retail Group, which operates Justice, Maurices, Catherines, Dressbarn, Ann Taylor and Lane Bryant, has transformed back of store operations by embracing the mobile cloud era. With VMware, Ascena said it can use iPads and iPod touches in lieu of back office PCs or paper operations. With custom-built applications, store associates manage administrative functions, customer interactions, inventory, training, onboarding and more through its mobile fleet powered by VMware.
Empowering IT to Innovate Quickly with Industry Templates for Retail
To give retailers the tools needed transform business processes quickly, VMware also announced Industry Templates for Retail, a part of the VMware AirWatch Enterprise Mobility Management suite. In the journey toward retail transformation, deploying an EMM solution is just part of the puzzle. Retailers need the policies, restrictions and critical applications to enable use cases such as mobile point of sale, store management, customer engagement and self-service options. The wizard-like Industry Templates for Retail within AirWatch will enable retailers to simply deploy common industry mobile use cases with a few clicks. Industry Templates for Retail will be available within AirWatch next month.
Hear Firsthand How Retailers are Modernizing Operations with VMware
Today at National Retail Federation Retail's BIG Show, VMware is showcasing its solutions for retail. At the event, Luxottica, Belk, Inc. and Ascena Retail Group will join VMware to discuss how they are modernizing the retail experience. Leaders from these top retailers will share expertise on creating personalized shopping experiences and targeting communications to consumers through the use of beacons, digital displays and kiosks. Join VMware's Big !dea Session: Modernize the Retail Experience: Beacons and Mobile Devices, on Monday, Jan. 18 at 11 a.m. on level three, room four of Javits.
"Together with VMware, we've been able to dramatically improve our store processes with the addition of iPads and iPod touches for store operations. With applications that are custom-designed for our stores, we're able to be more efficient and effective in our retail operations. Both store associates and our customers enjoy the freedom and flexibility that comes with our mobile deployment." - Scott W. Hatten, director of StoreTechnology, Ascena Retail Group
"With VMware, we are striving to deliver the digital experience within our stores. Our customers are more engaged. Our associates and managers feel empowered with access to information that once were available in the back office only on manager tablets and mobile points of sale. Together with VMware, we are working to transform the traditional retail experience and deliver the customer engagement needed in today's digital world." - James Morse, omnichannel technology lead, Belk
"To improve our customer engagement within our retail operations globally, we sought a tool to enable our sales associates to 'go mobile.' We were specifically looking for a retail-centric mobile management solution that offered a rich set of features and functions to both empower our associate interaction with customers while maintaining security within our retail environment. AirWatch understands retail EMM needs are different than the needs of corporate users, and now we have a mobile solution tailored to our business. Consumers aren't even aware of AirWatch on the devices, they just notice a streamlined, engaging and interactive branded experience, which is our goal." - Tom Schuetz, senior vice president and chief technology officer, Luxottica Group Americas and Asia Pacific region
"VMware End-User Computing solutions for retail are expertly developed to bring together mobile management, desktop virtualization, application delivery, content collaboration and identity management solutions that equip retailers with the ability to modernize their operations. With proven solutions and new innovations like AirWatch Industry Templates for Retail, we are increasing our commitment to empowering retailers to increase security, modernize backend operations, enhance customer engagement opportunities and drive employee productivity." - Sanjay Poonen, executive vice president and general manager, End-User Computing, VMware
- Learn more about VMware End-User Computing solutions
- Read more about all the use cases VMware End-User Computing solutions for retail supports, including delivering personalized customer interactions, centralized POS management and improved security and compliance
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. Built on VMware's industry-leading virtualization technology, our solutions deliver a brave new model of IT that is fluid, instant and more secure. Customers can innovate faster by rapidly developing, automatically delivering and more safely consuming any application. With 2014 revenues of $6 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers and 75,000 partners. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices throughout the world and can be found online at www.vmware.com.
VMware, VMware Workspace, Horizon, AirWatch, AirWatch by VMware, AirWatch by VMware Enterprise Mobility Management, Content Locker, and Socialcast are registered trademarks or trademarks of VMware, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions. All other marks and names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective companies. The use of the word "partner" or "partnership" does not imply a legal partnership relationship between VMware and any other company.
Public Relations Manager
+ 1 470-247-6742