SWsoft Announces General Availability of Virtuozzo for Windows; Powerful Virtualization Solution Now Available for Windows Servers
Virtuozzo for Windows Raises the Virtualization Standard for Windows Servers with Near-Zero Overhead, Full SMP Support, Robust Resource Management, Complete Tools and Rapid ROI
Herndon, VA — June 29, 2005 – Today, SWsoft, an established leader in server automation and virtualization software, announced the general availability of Virtuozzo for Windows. Virtuozzo is a high performance server virtualization solution that creates multiple isolated Virtual Private Servers (VPSs) on a single physical server to share hardware, software licenses and management with maximum possible efficiency.
“By offering both Windows and Linux support, Virtuozzo delivers a high performance, multi-platform server virtualization solution,” said Serguei Beloussov, Chairman and CEO, SWsoft. “Our commitment to quality for this release included four complete beta cycles spanning one year, extensive stability testing and dozens of early adopters in production making it ready for mission critical production environments. In the future, Virtuozzo will evolve to include additional operating system support, next-generation Intel and AMD technologies, and high availability clustering and failover solutions.”
“We evaluated every major virtualization solution on the market and turned to Virtuozzo mainly because of its class-leading performance and return on investment,” said Barry LaLone, Server Platform Architect, Jack Henry & Associates. “With Virtuozzo for Windows, we were able to enhance our availability and redundancy while significantly decreasing our number of servers. We are currently pursuing additional leverage of Virtuozzo within our production environments.”
"Worldwide revenues for virtual environment software, the aggregate market containing virtual machine software, grew nearly 25% between 2003 and 2004," said Dan Kusnetzky, IDC's VP of system software research. "Virtualized environments supported on high-volume, powerful, and yet, relatively low cost 32- and 64-bit hardware can help organizations reduce costs in some important areas while still allowing them to implement IT-based solutions offering real business value."
Powerful Server Virtualization and Manageability for Windows
Virtuozzo for Windows server virtualization delivers dynamic partitioning, powerful resource management and proven mass management tools. Unlike other hardware emulation approaches to virtualization, Virtuozzo provides Operating System (OS) level virtualization.
The core benefits of Virtuozzo include:
• High Performance – Efficient technology with near-zero overhead
• Expansive Hardware and Software Support – Complete platform parity and interacts with existing OS and hardware; fully supports native 32 and 64-bit systems, 16-CPU SMP support and 64 GB of RAM
• Unmatched Scalability and Density – A single physical server can house tens or hundreds of VPSs with each VPS scaling up to the full capacity of the server
• Complete Isolation – Each VPS is completely isolated for maximum security; one VPS cannot affect another VPS on the same server
• Robust Resource Management – Complete control over CPU, memory, disk and network I/O
• High Availability – Migrate VPS(s) quickly from one server to another with minimal downtime
• Powerful Toolsets – Self management of large and potentially remote groups of servers and VPSs with a full set of administrative and VPS owner web-based, client and command line tools
• Open Architecture and API – Built on industry standards and ready for 3rd party tool developers and OEMs
• Rapid ROI – Virtuozzo drives lower hardware, software and management costs minimizing total cost of ownership and facilitating a rapid ROI
Virtuozzo for Windows Availability
Virtuozzo for Windows is immediately available and can be downloaded for evaluation. To purchase or receive more information about this release, please visit http://www.sw-soft.com/en/virtuozzo/.
SWsoft is the recognized leader in server automation and virtualization software for service providers and enterprises. With more than 10,000 customers in over 100 countries, SWsoft offers comprehensive solutions including Virtuozzo, Plesk, PEM, HSPcomplete and SiteBuilder to deliver proven performance, reliability, manageability and value. Headquartered in Herndon, VA, with offices around the world; SWsoft is a privately held, high growth company funded by Insight Venture Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners and Intel Capital. For more information, visit www.sw-soft.com.