Layered Tech is a leading global provider of managed dedicated hosting, on-demand grid/virtualization computing, and Web services. The company is providing high-quality technology, infrastructure and support.
Layered Tech’s scalable infrastructure powers millions of sites and Internet-enabled applications including e-commerce, software as a service (SaaS), content distribution and more. Company’s clients range from leading-edge Web 2.0 startups, successful mid-sized enterprises and some of the world’s largest consultancy and integration firms.
The services of Layered Tech include:
- Dedicated Servers
- Managed Services
- Cloud Hosting
- Virtual Private Data Centers
- Linux, UNIX and Windows Hosting
Layered Tech has 8 data centers located globally, over 160 employees, and unlimited solution configurations.
Layered Tech offers hosting infrastructure housed in data centers around the world. These resources include several Tier 4 data centers. The most stringent level of the TIA Data Center Standard, Tier 4 is designed to host mission-critical computer systems, with fully redundant subsystems and compartmentalized security zones controlled by biometric access controls methods. Tier 4 data centers provide 99.995% availability, according to the company.
The Layered Tech Tier 4 data centers share the following characteristics:
- Designed to sustain at least one worst-case unplanned event with no critical impact on services;
- Buildings purpose-designed and built to house data centers;
- Multiple layers of security to protect against physical intrusion;
- Multiple active power and cooling distribution paths, including redundant components;
- Multiple, diverse utility feeds from independent substations;
- Multi-megawatt diesel generator backups;
- Facility-wide fire suppression systems.
Combining these world-class facilities with Layered Tech management and operations experience, provides unparalleled reliability and value for your critical applications.
- Monthly Award - 4th Place - January 2019 - Best Web Hosting Company
- Monthly Award - 4th Place - October 2018 - Best Web Hosting Company
- Monthly Award - 7th Place - November 2017 - Best Managed Hosting
Most Helpful Review
I just cancelled the dedicated server that I've had with Layered Tech for the last 5 years. Initially they were a fine company, but over the years they have become a horror. I should have left when the price hikes made clear to me that they did not want me as a customer.
Whereas most hosting prices have come down, Layered Tech keeps going up and up. I started at $50 a month, and am currently at $125 for the same server and level of service. The final straw was when they demanded additional payment halfway through a year of prepaid service.
With considerable effort, we talked them into keeping our contract intact until the end of the prepaid term. Amazingly, feel that they did us a favor by allowing this. We intended to cancel after this, but they've sunk their talons in and are demanding payment for an additional month at the new rate saying we didn't properly cancel our contract.
In their minds, they are once again doing us a favor by not holding to an entire year of service. In our minds, they are technically adequate but sleazy and avaricious company who should be avoided like the plague. You'd do better swimming naked in a tank of sharks. Steer clear and use anyone else.