Significant Tools And Platforms To Consider For IoT App Development!
IoT application development is growing in leaps and bounds. Diverse industries like manufacturing, healthcare, transportation & logistics, oil & gas, and the water industry are heavily investing in IoT for architecting data-intensive applications with advanced analytics. Some examples of modern-day solutions include smart homes, fleet management solutions, traffic monitoring systems, remote healthcare solutions, speed monitoring solutions, etc.
Developing a great IoT solution is a great idea for investors and entrepreneurs. However, before starting your IoT development project, you must understand the technical requirements. One of the crucial prerequisites of an IoT project includes using the best-suited IoT tools and platforms. These tools and platforms are important in bridging the gap between IoT devices and data networks. They also help display real-time data, store huge data sets, manage devices’ boards, integrate back-office systems, and much more.
So, in this blog, we will provide detailed insights into some of the popular tools and platforms used for IoT app solutions. A quick read will give you an idea of which tools and platforms to consider for your specific IoT use case.
Noteworthy Tools and Platforms for IoT App Development!
Microsoft Azure IoT
Microsoft’s Azure IoT Suite is a collection of several cloud services:
- IoT Hub
- Machine Learning
- Power BI
- Stream Analytics
- Notification Hubs
This comprehensive platform connects and manages various IoT assets using multiple cloud services. It also helps in securing IoT applications. Its features include data tracking, system shadowing, identity registration, and rules engines. Besides, Azure IoT Suite is a great option for all business domains.
This is a leading cloud-based platform that excels in IoT app development. It is a well-designed platform for secure data transmission, remote device control, cloud capacity for storing high amounts of data, real-time data analysis, high-security features, risk management, etc. Along with IoT, IBM Watson also supports Artificial Intelligence and Blockchain services.
Cisco IoT Cloud Connect
Cisco focuses on providing a safe IoT platform to its clients for connecting various devices at diverse locations. Its IoT application development platform-Cisco IoT Cloud Connect supports functions like the following:
- data analysis
- app enablement
- network connectivity
- tasks management and automation
- broad customization of IoT apps
- several adaptability openings
- voice and information correspondence
This platform assists power management, smart cities, industrial automation, transportation systems, and more.
Google Cloud is an appropriately handled and combined provider of IoT services. It supports handling several IoT devices connected worldwide and helps in end-to-end IoT development. It comes with a highly advanced tool for getting real-time data and analytics. Furthermore, Google Cloud has functionalities like high security, business process optimization, cloud services, completely managed infrastructure, etc.
Zetta is an API-based platform that makes use of Node.js. It is a complete toolkit employed for the creation of HTTP APIs for devices. This platform integrates REST APIs, and WebSockets for developing data-intensive applications. The prominent features that Zetta offers are mentioned below:
- It runs on the cloud, a PC, and some limited development boards.
- It runs on the cloud, a PC, and some limited development boards.
- Converts any device to an API
- Allows IoT developers to assemble device, cloud, and smartphone apps in one place.
- It helps control sensors, controllers, actuators, etc., by featuring an easy interface and the necessary programming language.
Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Amazon Web Services, or AWS, is another renowned IoT app development platform. It is an exclusive framework platform that requires fewer efforts in the cloud. IoT app developers find this platform highly versatile and adaptable. Also, it is a cost-efficient platform, one of the favorite choices of a host of global-level business enterprises.
Besides, the IoT Device Management of AWS supports easy connection and expansion of the devices. Also, the administration ensures the safe and flexible execution of the results. These include monitoring, refreshing, and investigating the usability of the device.
This app development platform helps in the remote monitoring and management of all the devices related to your IoT project. These remote devices, like sensors, actuators, etc., can be connected directly or with a cloud application. It comes with a robust analytical ability that helps to sort out, prepare, and pay attention to the data collected from IoT devices such as sensors, meters, controllers, etc. With its latest updates, SAP enables using the IoT data for creating and combining AI applications.
Salesforce IoT is a US-based platform. It is also a highly adaptable IoT application development platform and aims at opening IoT data for all users. This platform helps one to develop customizable IoT App Development Solutions connected to any gadget and represent its data for additional usage. Also, Salesforce's “client first” approach is why this platform is popular and stands out from its competitors.
Additional IoT Development Platforms
- Arduino: It is an open-source prototyping platform and is a great option for both- IoT software and hardware development
- HP Enterprise Universal: This is a highly scalable, versatile, and modular IoT application development platform that offers secure monetization, precise data assessment, cross-vertical operations, etc.
- Oracle IoT: This platform is known in different areas like enterprise software, cloud computing, database management, etc., for IoT solutions
- Kaa: It is a highly expandable and flexible IoT app development platform with features like data visualization, configuration management, data processing, etc.
- Particle.io: This is a comprehensive platform that offers IoT Rules Engineer, Device Cloud, Device OS, etc.
- ThingsBoard: It helps in device management, data processing, project visualization, etc., and ensures minimum time-to-market for the projects. Innumerable devices can be connected and measured with IoT protocols like MQTT, HTTP, etc.
IoT technology is here to stay. Connected devices and smart data analytics are already transforming the world in ways never thought of before. You can even integrate IoT with other emerging technologies like Blockchain to obtain unimaginable outcomes. However, without the right set of tools and platforms, designing outstanding modern IoT solutions is impossible. IoT development tools and platforms will prove enormously beneficial for IoT projects. If you lack sound technical expertise, you should partner with an experienced company offering productive IoT App Development Services.
Shelly Megan is a Project Manager at Biz4Solutions with 14+ years of experience in Project Management, Quality Assurance and Test Management in IT-related services. She has expertise in various domains like Healthcare, Finance, Water technologies, Transportation, Telecom, etc. She has experience in defining and implementing quality management strategies to ensure exceptional delivery of software projects.View Shelly Megan`s profile for more