Magento Vs Shopify: Which Ecommerce Platform Is Best?
It is a very tough task for E-commerce brands to select reliable and high-performance platforms. As there is a huge number of platforms available in the market. Shopify and Magento 2 are two of the most popular platforms that always compete with each other. It is very necessary to consider all features before investing in an eCommerce business.
Every online business is dependent on its business website to be successful. The choice of right platform will definitely impact the results of your online store. Thus it is necessary to understand the needs of your business and select an appropriate platform. Today Magento is facing stiff competition from Shopify, but the release of Magento 2 has changed the game because of its high-end features and became the preferred choice of the store owners. So the comparison between the two would help to make the right decision about the platform they should opt. As the success of your store completely depends on the platform you select.
In this blog post, we will make a detailed comparison to highlight their differences that help you choose the most appropriate platform, lets have a look
1. Ease Of Use
Both Magento 2 and Shopify have a great and friendly User Interface. Liquid is used in Shopify while Magento 2 is based on PHP . And because of this reason, Magento 2 is the great choice for the enterprise however Shopify is perfect for the simple stores. In terms of source code customization and implementation Magento 2 is the clear winner. However, setting up Shopify is easier because of its wizard mode that carry out the entire process step by step.
On a daily basis number of websites are hacked, thus security is a very crucial aspect to run any successful ecommerce business. Best security updates and updates are required to o keep the websites protected from any security threat.
Magento 2 provides great user flexibility to enhance website security. It is a powerful CMS and brands can reach to Magento support for regular updates. However Shopify comes with SSL encryption and PCI compliance as it is paid version. The customers crucial information is completely secured during the entire shopping procedure.
Shopify comes with PCI compliance & SSL encryption as it is aid version. In addition, a customer’s sensitive data is secured during the whole shopping period.
Shopify is SaaS-based and does not require any setup fees. In fact, it provides users a 14-day free trial before asking for a paid version., Magento 2 has a free Community Edition that demands a fee on the basis of specific needs and store size. However, users need to pay for hosting services as it is not included in the package.
• Magento 2 comes with numerous add-on extensions while Shopify has limited free and paid apps and add-ons. For this reason, the front end can be customized. With this platform, features like wishlist can be incorporated into the store. This is not possible with the other platform.
• Because of the multi-lingual functionalities Magento 2 is more advanced than Shopify. While Shopify based stores requires to embrace third-party apps during the development of multi-language store.
• Magento 2 has strong community support too as it is backed by a better community of developers, merchants, testers, scholars and partners.
• Both Shopify and Magento 2 comes with a huge number of templates and themes for the development of responsive websites.
• Magneto 2 and Shopify possess great SEO compatibility that enable them to get top rankings and generate more traffic for the ecommerce stores.
It is easy to choose between the two platforms. While Shopify is a great choice for small businesses, Magento 2 is perfect for huge enterprises with large shopping sites. You can hire Magento 2 developers new york for your online store development and create a spontaneous store for a maximum number of sales conversion.