7 High-Value Website Audit Tools For Smart Site Owners And Best SEOs
Website audit is a time taking process and you have to go through every single webpage to find any problem with your website. Fortunately, today you do not need to audit the webpages manually as there are plenty of website audit tools available that will help you identify the errors in your website.
Here, we have listed 7 best website audit tools that every SEO beginner and professional must know and explore. These are not only powerful and effective but also save a lot of your time during a complete website analysis.
Google search console
Google search console is one of the most valuable tools for website owners. This tool gets a detailed analysis of various important parameters such as broken links, HTML markup, website’s loading speed, number of impressions, clicks, sitemap etc. for absolutely free.
- Search Analytics: It shows you various metrics like the total number of impressions, clicks, Click Through Rates (CTR), and ranking position for each keyword. Additionally, its multiple filtering options let you download device and country-specific data along with a few other important insights.
- HTML Improvements: It shows you various SEO related issues to improve the visibility of your website on search engine result page (SERP). It identifies if the page titles, meta descriptions of multiple pages are properly optimized or not. It lists all webpages with missing page titles, duplicate page titles and meta descriptions, long and short page titles and meta descriptions.
- Crawl Errors: Crawl error report shows you all the problems faced by the Googlebot while crawling your website and you can fix those issues to ensure better crawling and indexing of the webpages.
- Fetch as Google: This feature ensures that all the pages of your website are search engine friendly and the pages are properly crawled by google bots.
- Robots.txt test: Robots.txt test shows whether your site contains a properly formatted robots.txt file or not.
Screaming Frog is a complete website analysis tool that provides you important SEO related insights and points out issues regarding your website. It gives you data on more than 30 parameters such as Page title, meta description, internal linking, external linking, H1, H2, anchor text, response time etc.
- Using Screamingfrog you can find out data of HTTP status, broken links, duplicate contents, redirect errors, blocked content etc. at once.
- You can check your internal link structure to optimize your sitemap and it also helps you identify link opportunities.
- Using Log File Analyzer you can check the most crawled pages of your website.
- With Screamingfrog, you can crawl up to 500 URLs for free.
- Free version (Up to 500 URLs)
- Paid version - 149 Pound per year (Unlimited URLs)
Rating: 4.6/5 on G2Crowd.
Moz is another powerful SEO and website audit tool. Moz crawler helps you identify various issues such as HTTP status, duplicate content, title tag, redirect errors and many other factors.
- Link Explorer - In Link Explorer, you can examine any website and find its Domain Authority (DA), and Page Authority (PA).
- Keyword Explorer - With Keyword Explorer you can find out keywords people are searching for, the keywords which are already ranking on various search engines and find the demand for certain keywords.
- Backlink Analysis - You can easily analyze the backlinks of your competitor websites and emulate their strategy to get backlinks for your website too.
- 30 Days free trial
- Monthly plans: Standard plan – 99$ per month, Medium plan – 179$ per month, Large plan – 249$ per month, Premium plan – 999$ per month
- Annual plans: Standard plan – 79$ per month, Medium plan – 143$ per month, Large plan – 199$ per month, Premium plan – 799$ per month
Rating: 4.4/5 on G2Crowd
Woorank is another awesome website audit tool that is very useful for webmasters to perform a comprehensive analysis of the entire website.
- Woorank gives a detailed analysis of broken links, backlinks status, social media data, SERP ranking, usability, server optimization, mobile responsiveness etc.
- With its in-depth website analysis, you can generate your website’s review to track your site’s progress in real time.
- 14 Days free trial
- Pro plan - 59.99$ per month
- Premium plan - 179.99$ per month
- Enterprise plan - 249.99$ per month
Rating: 4.3/5 on G2Crowd
DeepCrawl is a crawling tool that provides an in-depth report of your website performance and also gets you a complete data analysis of your competitors’ website structure, content quality, social media marketing campaigns and many more.
- With DeepCrawl, you can auto-schedule the crawling task and customize it by setting up the metrics for content, URL length, titles, webpage loading time etc.
- With the help of this tool, you can assign a task to your employees and track your website's performance on a regular basis.
- You can identify the issues regarding your SEO strategies that are affecting your traffic so that you can take measures as you need.
- Using DeepCrawl you can crawl millions of webpages which is really useful for any large digital marketing company.
- Monthly plans: Starter plan - 89$ per month, Basic plan - 139$ per month, Corporate plan – contact DeepCrawl sales team
- Yearly plans: Starter plan - 979$ per year, Basic plan – 1,199$ per year, Corporate plan – contact DeepCrawl sales team
Rating: 3.9/5 G2Crowd
SE Ranking offers a set of tools that provide complete website audit, competitor analysis, backlink tracking, keyword suggestions, website ranking etc. All of these important tools you can find at one place using its simple user-friendly interface.
- It crawls your entire website and provides a complete report on more than 70 parameters such as Domain overview, metadata, images, link analysis, usability, mobile optimization etc.
- It collects all the errors and groups them in one SEO audit report and also provides suggestions based on errors which are very helpful especially for the beginners.
- After completion of the analysis, you can download the report on your computer in PDF format.
- 7 Day free trial
- Personal Plan - 7$ per month
- Optimum plan – 31$ per month
- Plus plan - 71$ per month
- Enterprise plan - 151$ per month
Rating: 4.8/5 on G2Crowd
Found’s SEO Audit Tool
Found’s SEO Audit tool is a very powerful tool to figure out various SEO related errors of your website. You just need to enter the URL of your site and this tool will generate a detailed report containing three main categories; technical, content issues and external links.
- Technical issues: This report provides analysis mainly on factors like canonicalization of the domain and XML sitemap issues.
- Content issues: This report shows content issues such as keywords’ uses on the page and in other metadata.
- External link analysis: This report analyzes the quantity and quality of the backlinks pointing to the website.
There are numerous website audit tools available online. We have listed the 7 best site analysis tools that are simple yet powerful and easy to use. Using any of these tools you can understand the reasons behind your website’s poor organic ranking and low conversion rate.
Utilize these tools frequently to know the site errors, take timely measures, and increase search engine traffic to the site. Sometimes, you can consider using multiple tools together to double check a few critical errors. Additionally, you may also use the manual site audit process which is tedious and time-consuming, but at times becomes really handy, especially for considerably small websites with low SEO budget.
To learn more about website analysis and advanced SEO techniques, you can join PromozSEO’s SEO program.
Finally, let us know which audit tool in this list you will include in your ranking strategy in the near future.
Mr. Soumya Roy is the Founder and CEO of PromozSEO Web Marketing Academy, a Digital Marketing training school in Kolkata, India. He has earned more than 11 years of experience in SEO and digital marketing and has successfully mentored over 1500 individuals and companies in different fields of digital marketing. Being a specialist internet marketer and search engine expert, he has worked with many brands and companies across the globe and helped them grow their business online.View Soumya Roy`s profile for more