A Detailed Scan Of Important Things For Magento 2.0 Hosting
Learn What to Look in a Magento 2.0 Hosting Provider
A launched new thing never comes alone. It comes with lot of questions and challenges to be faced.
Magento 2.0 has been launched and people are using its abilities to increase their sales and ROI. But this version also had to answer some of the questions. One of which is: Which is the best hosting service provider for Magento 2.0?
Actually, there is no straight answer to this question. For the best outcome, the selection of any hosting service provider depends on many factors, such as the number of products in the Magento store, traffic, performance you want in the future etc. Magento is a platform which can be used for all sized eCommerce businesses, whether the business has small number of products or large number of products.
Talking about the Magento hosting, it is a crucial part of the Magento store. It can have a direct effect on the rate of sales and ultimately ROI. So, before you select a hosting service provider take some time, consider some basic factors and investment.
Let’s consider the below discussed Common Terms before you make any decision in a hurry:
Server type: Dedicated, Shared or VPS
Most of the providers will try to sell dedicated server to you. This type of server is entirely dedicated to one client or Magento Store only. You can only use the entire space on the server and get the maximum performance for your store. But, this is the most expensive one as compared to the other two servers i.e. Shared or VPS.
If you are concerned about the speed of your Magento store or the ability of the server to hold lots of products and traffic, then you should give a chance to dedicated server.
On the other hand, the speed as well as the disk space limits with the shared server. With this server type, you rent a unit of server and share the space with other renters. However, this limits your ability to change some settings on the server, very often or randomly. You are confined with number of websites, email accounts and databases. And if there is some issue with one website, all the other websites on that server will suffer.
The only benefit you get with shared hosting is low price.
And VPS server gives you all the power associated with the dedicated server along with the potential of own services and customization of the disk space. The benefits you get with this server is the low price as compared to dedicated one, speed set up and installation of any software. The only difficulty which this server faces is the effect on performance due to other site loads.
The success of your website also depends on the speed. However, you need to select the hosting service which does not affect the speed of your Magento store in a negative way. As for a Magento store, speed matters a lot. For the best performance, your store should be superfast and full optimized.
Support from the Host Company
When you are looking for a hosting company, look for the one which has 24/7 support and quick response time. You need to make sure that the company should have some technical specialist in their support team.
Company providing Magento Support
It may happen that, you need some assistance in web development for your Magento store, in future. However, try to choose the company which also provides support in Magento along with technical support. This will save your time, efforts and stress.
If you ask for credit card details from your customers for the payment of the purchase, then you should be PCI complaint. So, if you are selecting a host server, you can ask them whether they can offer you the PCI complaint shared servers for your store.
If you still thinking about others things to look in a hosting company, then read the points below:
- Magento compatibility: Before you select any company for hosting your Magento 2.0 based website, make sure that the hosting server is fully compatible with Magento 2.0 version.
- Web security: The most important thing in any business is security. However, make sure that the company you are selecting is providing you a guaranteed security and safety.
- Performance of the hosting: As discussed above, speed of the website is a real concern for any eCommerce store. So, choose a hosting provider who gives performance optimized service.
- Extensibility: It may happen that, you wish to enlarge your store in future. This will increase the number of products as well as traffic on your store. So, consider the company which fits as per needs.
- Quality Support: Pick the company which not only hosting services but also with Magento emergency support services. So, that you can get any required support without any time wastage.
I have previously write blog post on Moving to Magento 2? Tips to select hosting service, for selecting a host for your Magento 2.0 store, including all the above points in detail.
Now, as you know what factors and points to consider before choosing any hosting service providers, let’s see the top 5 Magento Hosting Providers:
- SiteGround: It is mostly recommended for small sized businesses. The reason why most people go for this company is because its services start with as low as $3.95/month.
- LiquidWeb: This is somewhat costlier than others but the reason like using this company is because it is fully compatible with Magento.
- Nexcess: It is the favorite for medium sized businesses. People like working with them because of their supportive nature for the customers.
- Peer1: They provide great service to the medium and large sized businesses and have 24/7 phone support.
- RackSpace: It is the best option for Magento Enterprise Edition as compared to Community. Here, you get all the services for which you pay.
The right Magento hosting services can vary as per individual. Different people will have different sets of needs and expectations from their hosting provider. So, don’t just take the decision as soon as you see some provider company. Try to research and consider the things which we have discussed in the above sections.
There is no hard and fast rule that if you have selected a hosting provider, you need to stick with them till the end. Try the provider whom you think will suit your requirements. But, if your store is not working as per your expectation, you can anytime migrate to other hosting server.
I have 7 years of experience in the Magento Commerce field. I have worked on websites which are based on different domains and segments. However, from my experience I would recommend to go for Amazon EC2 for your Magento 2 hosting. But, as this can be quite expensive for small sized businesses, only large businesses can take the advantage of it.
If you want to know more about Magento 2.0, its hosting or eCommerce, start a conversation with our Magento technical support team!
Facts to Tweet:
- The types of server plays a critical role in selecting a hosting provider.
- VPS is the best server type among the others, in all aspect.
- The speed of a website decides the success of it.
He is many years of experience in eCommerce industry. He was Magento developer and did programming, server setup and extension development. He is actively sharing his knowledge to Magento and eCommerce community. You can catch him on Twitter -@yogisfunda.View Yogesh Trivedi`s profile for more