Latest Hosting News
ISLANDIA, N.Y.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--CA Technologies (NASDAQ: CA) today said it has received a 100 percent rating by the Human Rights Campaign in its 2013 Corporate Equality Index report, the premiere national benchmark for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender (LGBT) workplace inclusion, up from 80 percent last year.
The HRC's CEI report, released each fall since 2002, provides an in-depth analysis and rating of large U.S. employers and their policies and practices pertinent to LGBT employees.
“We are honored to be recognized by the Human Rights Campaign as one of the best places to work for LGBT equality,” said Beth Conway, vice president, human resources, CA Technologies. “CA Technologies continually updates and improves its programs, policies and benefits to demonstrate our commitment to a fully-inclusive environment for all of our employees and our core value of treating every employee with respect – and equality.”
CA Technologies supports its LGBT employees with programs, policies and benefits including:
- Health care benefits to employees and their spouse or same- or opposite-sex domestic partner;
- Transgender-inclusive healthcare coverage for 2013;
- Sessions through the company’s Management and Leadership Academy called “Bringing Your Authentic Self to Work”;
- Sponsors the LGBT luncheon at the Anita Borg Institute’s Grace Hopper Celebration of Women Conference;
- Membership with the National Diversity Council, a nonprofit organization dedicated to championing diversity and inclusion in the workplace;
- Hosts an LGBT Employee Network Group (ENG) to foster diversity and allow employees to share information, recognize achievements, and interact with fellow employees on an informal basis; and
- Specific recruitment efforts to seek out top LGBT talent including: the Out for Undergraduate Business Conference and NYC LGBT Career Fair.
“As a member of the HRC Business Council and national Board of Directors, I know how unfair and discriminatory work environments inhibit an employer’s ability to recruit and retain the best and the brightest, stifle job performance and damage productivity” said Meghan Stabler, advisor, CA Technologies. “As a proud employee of CA Technologies, I am happy to have partnered with HR and our executive management in creating a workplace climate where we stress inclusion and equality.”
Human Rights Campaign CEI Methodology
A total of 889 businesses have been rated in the 2013 CEI, including the entire Fortune 500. Two-hundred ninety-three Fortune 500 companies voluntarily submitted surveys; the remaining 201 were rated based upon publicly-available data (the balance being businesses that merged, were acquired or no longer exist). In addition, 79 Fortune 1000 companies, 141 law firms and 175 other companies voluntarily participated in the 2013 CEI. Voluntary participation in the CEI has doubled since its inception. In 2002, 319 companies participated; this year 688 companies participated.
About CA Technologies
CA Technologies (NASDAQ: CA) provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. Organizations leverage CA Technologies software and SaaS solutions to accelerate innovation, transform infrastructure and secure data and identities, from the data center to the cloud. Learn more about CA Technologies at www.ca.com.
Follow CA Technologies
- Social Media Page
- Press Releases
Copyright © 2012 CA. All Rights Reserved. One CA Plaza, Islandia, N.Y. 11749. All other trademarks, trade names, service marks, and logos referenced herein belong to their respective companies.
Jessica Cassady, 610-247-0898