Latest Hosting Posts
Cloud storage can be defined as storing data in virtual pools or servers (also known as cloud). There are three fundamental service models of cloud computing:
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- Software as a Service (SaaS)
These cloud computing services provide access to computing resource in a virtualized environment. Just like the other two forms of cloud hosting, IaaS can be utilized by the enterprise customers to create cost effective IT solutions. It includes virtual server space, network connections, bandwidth, IP addresses and load balancers.To enoy cloud storage services, some the requirements at the user end are internet connection and proper authorized subscription from the service provider.
What is IaaS?
IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) is a provision model. Using it, an organization outsources the equipment used to support operations, including storage, hardware and network components. The IaaS service provider owns the following equipments and is responsible for housing running and maintaining it.
The following are the salient features of IaaS: -
- Scalability: - The cloud storage resources are available as and when the user needs it. The storage space and other services are made available and provided on demand without any delay.
- Cloud Hosting: - The best feature of Infrastructure as a Service is that it provides cloud based storage. Users can store their data on the virtual servers known as cloud. Cloud storage ensures data safety, backup and retrieval from any remote location.
- Desktop Virtualization: - A remote display protocol is used so that the user may use all the resources in the cloud environment. The virtual instance within the data centers help the clients to backup their data and easily retrieve it whenever needed along with various other features.
- Location Independence: - The IaaS based cloud storage service is location independent. The user can access his data from any remote location after going through a series of authentication and authorization processes.
- Data Backup and Recovery: - IaaS cloud storage services provide full backup and recovery of data. If there is any kind of failure in the data centers, then a backup plan is always present to retrieve the stored data for the client.
- Resource sharing: - IaaS deploys an intelligent resource sharing frame work. The subscribers can easily use shared resources similar to that of used in Community Cloud and Hybrid Cloud.
IaaS services are also used as cloud storage in India on demand basis. It provides an infrastructure that consists of shared resources, deployed on a self - service basis over the internet.